The history of a media location.
The Wiesbaden Biebrich factory building was built in 1890 and was expanded in three subsequent construction phases. Starting up with a used icing cone machine and a letterpress shop, the "Schandua & Söhne" paper goods factory, glued together everything that the customer wanted by hand – from cigar wrappers to hat boxes.
In 1900, with his flair for invention, the bustling founder Joseph Schandua developed an open ended cone shaped paper receptacle, which was originally intended as packaging for tea and coffee. A few years later the receptacle became a "fat tube" for the packaging of edible fats and quark and was patented in several countries.
In 1924 a new hall complex was created for the booming paper bag business. The export business was expanded in order to supply the great fat smelters in the north of Germany. In 1929 the production of note pads and writing paper for the retail trade was added.