By 1939, after another plant expansion in 1938 and the conversion to mechanized production, the annual production of fat tubes climbed to just under 70 million.
Shortly before the end of World War II, the front section of the factory was destroyed in a bombing raid. In 1950 it was rebuilt in two floors with several office rooms. One of the first food items that were offered without ration cards after the war was ice cream. A paper ice ice-cream cone sleeve was quickly developed, which thanks to the strong demand, became the cornerstone for the reestablishment of the company in Wiesbaden after the currency reform in 1948.
In the 1950’s the leading floor wax manufacturers decided to start distributing their products not just in tin cans but in brightly coloured paper fat tubes. This new application meant another boom for "Schandua & Söhne". Production was expanded to three shifts 24/7 around the clock. At peak production periods up to 200 people were employed in the bag factory, nicknamed the "Dutt", after Tuete, German for bag.